SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:03 am 

ForeSight (and therefore also HindSight sport the following:
  • Strength
  • Endurance
  • Agility
  • Dexterity
  • Intelligence
  • Perception
  • Willpower
  • Empathy
  • Appearance

My SFRPG setting, Flat Black

© My posts to this board are copyright under the Berne Convention. They may be quoted on the board with appropriate attribution. They may not be reproduced beyond the board except with explicit permission from me.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:00 am 

AD&D, probably as well as 2e AD&D is:

Strength 3-18
Dexterity 3-18
Intelligence 3-18
Wisdom 3-18
Constitution 3-18
Charisma 3-18

and DF added two others:

Comeliness 3-18
Perception 3-18

Magic altering can raise scores to as high as 25 (I've increased that glass ceiling personally to 31 :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:20 pm 

Spirit of the Far Future uses the Spirit of the Century characteristics (build your own).
Fudge Traveller uses Fudge characteristics.

I rather like that T5 has included SAN for Traveller but nothing in the playtest tells me that they are thinking of adding Stability which the pairing is one of the innovations of Trail of Cthulhu...I am looking forward to Ashen Stars, as I know that Robin Laws is a big Traveller fan...so it will be interesting to see how investigation space opera goes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:26 am 

The set for the product replacing ForeSight (which might end up named "ForeSight D10", but is currently working under the deplorable title "ForePlay") is as follows:

• Strength
  • Endurance
  • Health

• Dexterity
  • Agility
  • Reflexes

• Intelligence
  • Memory
  • Perception

• Empathy
  • Charm
  • Willpower

My SFRPG setting, Flat Black

© My posts to this board are copyright under the Berne Convention. They may be quoted on the board with appropriate attribution. They may not be reproduced beyond the board except with explicit permission from me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:48 pm 

EABA and CORPS, both by BTRC use:

Strength
Agility
Awareness
Health
Willpower
Fate

The mechanics are very different, though, as are the scales. For CORPS the human range is generally 1-10 while in EABA it's 1-13 (although 13 is described as "barely human".) Fate is very campaign specific and for normal people will usually be 1-3 in either system. Uses of Fate also vary, although in EABA you can use it as a limited ability to adjust rolls that affect your character (it gets more difficult each time you attempt it.) It's also the attribute that would be used for magic, psionics, or other genre-specific ability.

EABA addresses the Agility/Dexterity issue by allowing you to use a Forte or a Weakness on Agility. For instance, you could buy a Forte on manual dexterity and for anything related to manual dexterity you would be 1d better than your default agility. Or you could take a weakness of -1d to represent someone who is agile, but not as good with their hands.