SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:44 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 716 posts ]  Go to page Previous 168 69 70 71 72
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:01 pm
Posts: 325
Location: Bristol
Done some work on maps for my next Squaddies scenario.
Also read the 2 part "Towards a Taxonomy of Cliches in Space Opera" by Charles Stross, where he lists cliches and mercilessly takes the mickey. I shall file it away as incredibly useful source material for SF games. (The articles are in Focus magazine, which is sent to members of the British Science Fiction Association).


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:44 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Colorado
strontygirl wrote:
Also read the 2 part "Towards a Taxonomy of Cliches in Space Opera" by Charles Stross, where he lists cliches and mercilessly takes the mickey. I shall file it away as incredibly useful source material for SF games. (The articles are in Focus magazine, which is sent to members of the British Science Fiction Association).


I don't know if its the same as published in Focus

(ETA: I don't know Mr Stross' work, something I should change but that list sure makes me think he's played Traveller a few times and is likely at least a lurker at numerous forums)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:01 pm
Posts: 325
Location: Bristol
hiro wrote:
strontygirl wrote:
Also read the 2 part "Towards a Taxonomy of Cliches in Space Opera" by Charles Stross, where he lists cliches and mercilessly takes the mickey. I shall file it away as incredibly useful source material for SF games. (The articles are in Focus magazine, which is sent to members of the British Science Fiction Association).


I don't know if its the same as published in Focus

(ETA: I don't know Mr Stross' work, something I should change but that list sure makes me think he's played Traveller a few times and is likely at least a lurker at numerous forums)


Yes, the print magazine version of Focus appears to be based on that online one.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:08 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:22 am
Posts: 5287
I'm still alive, got back into working on my D&D world. I made a new Druid circle (Circle of the Elements) for it! http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1NTFM4c-

_________________
SFRPG Owner/Admin
This post (or any other post I made here) may not be quoted or copied beyond the SF RPG boards without my explicit permission.
Check out the latest news from Spica Publishing!
evildrganymede.net - visit the The Worldbuilding Hub, and check out my Science Blog!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2650
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Taking a big step for me and being more "Profesional" in my "hobby".

I am taking a Writer's Workshop - 4 days of reviews and honest criticism.

Hopefully, this will make me a better writer...

_________________
My friends call me Richard.
You can call me Sir.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:41 am
Posts: 2141
Location: Yavne, Israel
Cyborg IM1 wrote:
Taking a big step for me and being more "Profesional" in my "hobby".

I am taking a Writer's Workshop - 4 days of reviews and honest criticism.

Hopefully, this will make me a better writer...

Wonderful!

As of myself, I am working on Stellagama stuff myself; I have one product almost ready for release, and I am working on another, even cooler one.

_________________
We are but a tiny candle flickering against the darkness of our times.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 716 posts ]  Go to page Previous 168 69 70 71 72

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited